Monday, November 15, 2010

Sneak Peak.....

...... of Blakes new 'BIG' boy room!!

About a month ago I decided that Blake needed a change in his room, he is getting to be such a big boy now I thought we would go with something a little 'big' boy like!!
It just happend that one of the blogs that I follow Kelly's Korner did a Show us Your Life- Bedrooms post a couple of Friday's ago, so I literally went through everyone that was titled like a boy and came across one that I LOVED!! I showed Blake the picture and he liked it too!! We had our colors picked out and the bedding just needed to figure out what to decorate with!! Blake kept saying Spiderman, Lightning McQueen, etc. but I had to step in and persuade him into something that would grow with him!! I mentioned skateboards and he was all about it, he has never played with a skateboard nor does he even have one, but to a 4 year old I guess it sounded cool!! I wanted something that could grow with him until he is older to decide what he wants to do in his room!!

We have the room 95% done... My sister Jodi over at Vinyl Expression is working on some skateboard vinyl for me, that we will have to wait and put up in a couple of weeks as we just painted and its best to wait!! Plus we just need a few more finishing touches, but its SUPER AWESOME!! I was very proud of myself on this project, because let's face it, if you know me I have no taste in style AT ALL!!! HAHA!!!

So here is a sneak peak of what it looks like now... I will add some more pictures once we get the vinyl up and the new curtains and a couple of other things!!! Just couldn't wait to post!!


BEFORE

AFTER
The room before was blue and that was it!! There was NOTHING on the walls the whole 3 years we have lived in our house!! HAHA!! His bedding had cars and trucks and tools on it!! His new bedding is something I have been looking for for a long time!! I wanted stripes with a little color but could never find anything!!! I found this set at WalMart.com!!!
We left the blue on the bottom because it almost matched the blue in the picture I found!! We painted the top half gray and added an orange stripe around the room!! We got him this funky chair and lamp to make the room look a little 'older'!! He LOVES it, well as much as a 4 year old can I guess, LOL!! I guess I LOVE it more then him!!! We hung up some skateboards for shelves, super easy and cheap!!

2 comments:

Amy Walter said...

LOVE the new room for Blake! You did a wonderful job!!!!

Lori said...

That is so awesome! I also remember looking at that room on Kelly's corner! I try and look at everything for ideas! Love the skateboard theme! You can be so creative with that!